Sunday 10 May 2015

Module Six Chapter One completed

Going Places - Goodness; what a huge topic I hardly know where to begin!

My list about 'going places' is this;

Places I've been?
Wish I'd been to?
In my thoughts, in my dreams?
A journey real or imagined - the journey of a synapse in the brain responding to a stimulus. How would I stitch that?
A map, a bus route, a walk, in the car, in my head?
A good journey or a fearful one?
A professional or a personal journey?
A personal journey about family, children, births, deaths, marriages, sickness?

Anywhere? Everywhere? Where?
Peru, India Africa, USA, Canada, NZ, Bosnia, or holidays with family in Europe or in the UK?

What?
Labels and tickets
Maps, postcards, stamps
Or images of the places or images of things in places?

Ways of travel?
In the mind, on TV, reading, dreaming; by foot, rain, bus, underground, on an animal, being carried, on a stretcher or a trolley, in a wheelchair, plane rocket, bicycle, tandem, pram or pushchair, electric scooter, tank, boat, submarine, ferry yacht, life-raft, parachute, paraglider, jet ski, skis, skates, sledge and troika, skates and then coffin.

I have journals from my many journeys and most of the tickets are stuck in them so difficult to photograph as a collective, so I have just chosen some that were loose.

 Machu Picchu national park


Military flight to Sarajevo during the war


My sketchbook map of the Inca trail


Some loose tickets from journals

I have thousands of photos from all over the world but most of them have people in them, so the memories are of the people as well as the places and who was with me at the time of the journey. 

They are separated as well as possible 

Steps and stairs to who knows where?


Slimbridge




Inca steps Peru (all 3 above)



The Queens room, Macchu Pichu


The Tate, St Ives



 More Inca steps in Peru



The amphitheatre, Orange


The Ganges, Calcutta


Paths along the way


Speaks for itself


The Roman ridge, Wiltshire


Lacock Abbey



Dorothy Walk, Warminster 


The migration path, Maasai Mara


The tree-top walkway, Ghana


Lalibela, Ethiopia

Ways of travel 


Connections of lan masses


By plane


Or amphibious vehicle


Or hot air balloon


By helicopter


On water


By speedboat


With ducks!


and arrive in safe harbour!

Destination reached



Eden, Cornwall



Lisbon Portugal




The Old Town Hall, Sarajevo


Inca Village, High Andes



Another puzzle, Longleat


Maasai village, Kenya


Stonhenge


The freeze, Salt Lake City, environs


Sarajevo Old Town


The Paris Eye

Entrances and exits


France



France


Sierra Leone

Traces left behind




Sea weed in the Seychelles


France


Seychelles - my left foot


Sierra Leone - Anya's and my footprints


Those who passed this way before


Sierra Leone


Tractor track in Wiltshire




Salisbury pavement

and a few images that I just like and they take me on other journeys;


Severn Beach


Roman ridge


Scared now....



Near the top of the world! Andes


and down to the bottom, France


A lover escaping - Paris


Lisbon


Seychelles rock formation



Our honeymoon re-visited





Fowey and Polruan harbour


Lulworth Crumble










No comments:

Post a Comment