Wednesday 2 October 2013

About Me

I'm a retired operating theatre senior nurse still working part-time. I'm a Trustee of two charities and a welfare case worker for the Royal British Legion, all voluntary but time-consuming.

When I finished work, I promised myself that I would get back to art which I had always enjoyed and embarked on a two year NVQ course. NVQ's again - I'd had enough of them at work where I was an internal verifier and thought that phase was over.

Painting again over the last ten years has been great and I have enjoyed working in all media but sewing had always been lurking, asking me to get back to stitch which I had done through necessity with children, weddings, curtains and general making. The chance to integrate art, stitch and creativity finally happened in 2012 when I started some textile work and free motion embroidery.

This has been a lot of fun as learning always is, and so I have enrolled to do the Distant Stitch, machine embroidery level 2 course which will keep me fully occupied over the next 2 years.

I am looking forward to a new voyage of discovery

No comments:

Post a Comment