Friday 18 October 2013

Chapter 3, Module 1, C&G level 1

Chapter 3


Straight stitching. This was my first sample, using the purple 'leopard skin" with my second attempt of paint transfer using a dry iron at a much hotter temperature than I could achieve with my travel steam iron. I used a 100 needle on the polyester satin based, stabilised with Stitch and Tear.  Quite fun, it looked like a modern tartan - with a Scots background, this may be sacrilege. I used a purple yarn, the complimentary yellow and then a pink as a near complimentary to the yellow. I really like the result.


Stitching a diagonal grid. This is my second sample. I used two layers of black felt, 100 needle and three yarns; blue, pink and green. I had no puckering and am pleased with the result although my line are not very straight!



Stitching lines all over. I found it very difficult to do straight lines when I wanted to stitch a picture. I used sunset over green fields with a tree as my inspiration on calico backed with Stitch and Tear. I use all the colours used in my two previous samples.

I enjoyed this exercise and look forward to zig-zagging in the next chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment